Well, so far, Pye seems to be doing quite well. She's eating, playing, pooping and sleeping normally. I'm thinking it was a bullet well dodged. Got a call from the very expensive pet hospital and they wanted to do all these highly specialized (and expensive) procedures on her. Considering how traumatized she still is, there is no way I'm loading her up to take her back. They are talking about IBS or even lymphoma. We spoke at length with our vet and he thought she wasn't presenting as cancer or even IBS. He thought maybe Vitamin B shots or even just a cat virus. We said that we wanted to wait a month (providing nothing happens in the meantime) and then decide on a course of action. I'm hoping it's the right decision for now.
Tonight we are headed to the park to see one of our favorite bands, The Swing-Aires. They specialize in swing and Big Band music. Barb and Barb are going to join us, so it should be fun. I'm going to pick up some quiche and salad (and a sandwich for TBG as he doesn't care much for quiche), so it should be fun. Good food, great music on a summer evening. it would be nice if it was a touch cooler, but we can't have everything.
Tons of fires burning around us and our air quality isn't great. I feel so badly for the folks who have lost or might lose everything to the Mariposa fire. it's really taken on a life of its own. Scary stuff.