1) What was the first recipe or food you learned how to cook?
2) What recipe or food did you cook most recently?
3) What recipe or food do you cook most often?
4) What is your favorite recipe?
5) What is the recipe you make that impresses other people the most?
Ah, my kinda questions!
1. Marinara sauce. I made it for TBG when we were first dating and it's still his favorite.
2. I did chicken in sauce with mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and a ahi poke salad.
3. Mmm, this is a toughie because I cook from scratch nearly every night and we plan our menus a week in advance. That makes sure there is a balance so that no one item is over-used. Recipe - sausage with zucchini, peppers and pasta. Food, probably potatoes or pasta.
4. The aforementioned Sausage dish. It is very satisfying and by now brainless. Plus you can use whatever vegetable you have lying around so it's versatile as well as yummy.
5. I don't cook to impress people. Perhaps that's why people seem to like my cooking. If it's someone I don't know well, I try to find out their food preferences and go from there. If it's a friend, I know what sort of foods they like (Barb is into Italian, Jeff like Asian, Irene wants anything potatoes, John loves my lamb stew, etc.) and tend to pander to their tastes.