2. Is there a song/group/singer you once adored, but don't now?
3. Is there a song/group/singer you once despised, but is okay now?
4. Have you ever heard a favorite song and suddenly had a reinterpretation its meaning?
5. What song would you just as soon never hear again?
1. I've always really liked my folks' music era - Big Band and Swing. I'd still rather listen to Glenn Miller than just about anything else.
2. Hmm, Billy Joel. Adored his stuff, even went to a few of his concerts, but 'went off' him when he berated and insulted a tech in front of a class of music students(it was a master class). It turned out he had messed up his mic himself, but did he apologize? Nope, just insulted the guy again. We tech are a thick group. Insult one, you insult us all. It's a theatre thing.
3. Yeah, well, in all honesty, what did anyone see in ABBA? Now, it's practically the only thing I listen to. :P Go freaking figure.
4. I think you can reinterpret anything if you try hard enough, like Puff the Magic Dragon - about smoking pot or a song about the loss of childhood innocence?
5. Hmm, tons of them - "You Light Up my Life" (just shoot me now. I remember one radio station advertising that it was going to play it straight for 24 hours. Yeah, that was back in the days when we actually listened to radio stations). That one leads the pack. I could do without most of The Captain and Tennille's stuff. *shudder*