1. Man from UNCLE
2. Sapphire and Steel
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4. Doctor Who (10)
5. Invisible Man (1971)
Now, answer the questions...
1. Which is your favorite series from your list? And why?
That’s easy. Man from UNCLE. I’ve been heavily involved in that fandom for most of my life. I started back in the 70’s with a chance reading of a fanfic story and that was all she wrote.
2. If you were to pair two characters from 1(MFU) and 4 (DW), who would they be?
Again, easy – Illya and Dr. Who. I’m still not convinced that Illya isn’t part Time Lord.
3. What is one thing you’d like to change about 3’s (BtVS) plot line?
I would have given Spike more of a chance with Buffy and I wouldn’t have killed off her mother. I liked Joyce a lot.
4. If both main characters of 2 (S&S) and 5 (IM) were falling off a cliff, which one would you save? Well, since they are the same actor, David McCallum (Steel and Dan Westin). Clever how that worked out.
5. Which event was the most horrible for you in 1(MFU)?
That’s hard to say because MFU was pretty light hearted, all in all. I think it was pretty awful that Harry Beldon got so far up the ladder in UNCLE to be discovered to be evil.
6. Which is your least favorite character of 2 (S&S)?
Oh, this will make Lost Spook cry, but Silver.
7. What song reminds you of 5(IM)?
Weird Science by Oingo Boingo
8. Of 1(MFU), 3(BtVS), and 5(IM), which is the easiest to think about?
MFU – it isn’t often that it’s far from my thoughts.
9. Are the protagonists of 2 (S&S) and 4 (DW) similar?
They are. Sapphire and Steel are here to save mankind from Time, it being an evil thinking creature that can twist and reshape existence if it’s permitted to. They travel through time and make sure that it stays on the path that it’s been assigned to.
The Doctor moves through time to save mankind (from themselves and from aliens that attack earth and the universe). He does it by making sure that events stay their course through time. Their methods are very different as I don’t think Steel gives a flying leap about humans, but the Doctor really genuinely seems to like us as a species.