2. Do you like pants pockets and what do you tend to put in them?
3. Do you believe the saying, 'Everything old is new again?'
4. Do you believe in serendipity?
5. Did you have to look up serendipity before answering Question 4?
1. I do, to be honest. Which is sort of stupid because I know they are people just like me. Teachers especially tongue tie me. My former Spanish teacher came to buy tickets and I couldn't remember a single Spanish phrase, despite the fact that I use Spanish nearly every day. Go figure.
2. I love pockets and won't buy pants without them. It's so convenient. Mine usually has Chapstick, my wallet and keys.
3. I' not sure if I believe in it as much as 'history is doomed to repeat itself' - mostly because we seem to be too naïve and forgetful as a race and keep making the same stupid mistakes again and again.
4. Very much so. It seems to have govern most of my life, in fact.
5. I did, but not for this question.
Mmmm, pork sausage cake - yum!
Genre: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Word Count: 1174
The Prompt: How about a Buffy story involving Santa and demons.
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but I think it will work! Merry Christmas!
Buffy watched her boots as she kicked through the leaves. She loved the butter soft leather and the way they made her ankles look so slender, but she was sort of wishing she’d wore heavier socks. Inside the stylish boots, her feet were freezing.
“I can’t believe that Giles is making us patrol tonight,” she muttered, drawing a look of surprise from her best friend, Willow. “It’s freezing out.”
Willow was sensibly dressed in a thick sweater, a scarf and warm boots. “Maybe it’s got something to do with building up your character.”
“I got plenty of character. I’m oozing with character.” She stamped her feet.
“Ya got that right and all of it bad.” Spike stepped out from behind a tree.
Buffy brandished her stake. “Just give me a reason, Spike.”
“Cor, Slayer, you’re in a mood.”
“She’s cold,” Willow offered, pulling her muffler tighter around her throat. The fact that Spike was chipped an unable to harm a human didn’t make her feel any safer around the vampire.
“So I am. So what?”
“You’re dead, I’m… not yet.” Buffy startled as she suddenly found Spike’s duster around her shoulders. It smelled of liquor and smoke and something that was undeniably Spike. Her stomach did an odd flip flop and she nearly ripped it off. But it was warm and she wasn’t.”( Collapse )
( Collapse )
That's when the magic would really start.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Thanks for coming along on my little journey. I hope as maju01 did for me, I reminded someone about their Christmas mornings so long ago. Yeah, is good.
And the actual commercial
Now I love IKEA even more!
What about these?
Have you ever been hurt by gossip?
Have you ever, unwittingly or otherwise, hurt someone with gossip?