This year instead of giving the theatre money, we decided that we would do security lights for the parking lot. Here is TBG on the roof installing the big light over the scene shop door. The others will arrive next week
Yesterday we had Dennis to dinner (Apps - tempura bird nests (carrots, zucchini and onions) and Chicken lemongrass 'cigars' with Pims No.1 cups, then a grilled Caesar, baked manicotti and finally cannoli). It was a fun evening.
Then this morning, as a treat, I made ginger scones for TBG
2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
½ t baking soda
½ t salt
½ t pepper
1 t cinnamon
1 t coriander
½ t cardamom
¼ t clove
4 T cold unsalted butter, cut up into small pieces
½ cup crystalize ginger, chopped into pea size pieces
¾ cup heavy cream
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 425
2. Combine the first nine ingredients and whisk to combine
3. Add butter and combine, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients
4. Add ginger and toss to combine
5. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and cream, whisk to mix.
6. Add to dry ingredient and mix gently. It’s okay if there are some dry bits.
7. Turn out onto a board and work to combine.
8. Pat into 7” circle and cut into eight wedge pieces (you can chill if dough is too sticky)
9. Arrange on a pan lined with parchment paper or grease and floored.
10. Back in the upper third of your oven between 18 and 22 minutes.
11. Enjoy. They can be kept up to three days at room temperature or freeze up to a month.
The younger cats were too busy running around and tormenting the dog across from us, but Jenny and Titan 'helped' me.