I though it might be fun to approach it a bit differently. Pick one of my fics (you can find them here. It could be current or it could be older. I will try to answer the following questions about it.
- What is the opening scene?
- Who is in it?
- What happens in it?
- How does it lead into the rest of the story?
- What purpose does it serve to the overall story?
- Why did you pick this scene to start the story?
- Why did you pick these characters?
- What do you like most about your opening scene?
- What do you dislike most about your opening scene?
- If there aren't any characters in the opening scene, why did you choose not to start with them?
- Is there anything else we should know?
- If you were sitting down to write the beginning of the story now, would you still start with this scene?
Let's have some fun, shall we?