2. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?
3. Do you like to argue?
4. Some people like to talk about things, and some people like to do things. Which are you?
5. Who is easier to talk to – men or women?
1. Some people just invite conversation. They are open and usually smiling, inviting you in (it's all about the body language). Having a mutual like or dislike also helps. Cons helped me get over my shyness with folks, but it was really theatre that sealed the deal for me.
2. Absolutely. I mean, good friends were all once strangers. I met one of my best friends at a Career's Day in high school (it was talking about a career in television and I wanted to know what a head grip was. I explained that I'd seen the term used on Star Trek and was interested. The speaker didn't have a clue, but a stranger sitting beside me asked if I liked Star Trek. That was in 1972 and we are still good friends.
3. My father loved to argue and he and my mum fought a lot (they had very little in common except children). I have never had a fight with TBG in my life. Mostly, because it's hard to find a topic we don't agree on. And both of us are eager to acquiesce to the other. I will stand my ground if pushed, but usually it doesn't come to that.
4. Neither. I like to do things and then talk about it.
5. Hmm, I don't really have a problem talking with either. It sort of depends upon the situation.