1. Do you have a favorite insect (of the bug variety, of course)?
2. Which insect could you happily do without seeing for a good long time?
3. Which insect do you think is of the most benefit to us?
4. Have you had to deal with an insect invasion yet this season (or this past summer for our friends in the other hemisphere)?
5. Would you eat insects? Not even for a lot of money?
1. I really like dragonflies (except when I'm cleaning up their carcasses off the floor) and praying mantis. We usually have one or two of the latter hanging around our garden. I'm glad because it's considered lucky. And ladybugs. They just make me smile
2. Okay, my first inclination is to say spiders, but they aren't technically insects, so I'll go with cockroaches. I wouldn't miss them at all.
3. So many are, but I will go with the humble bee. Pollination would be a bear without them.
4. Yeah, you know where this question came from. Cat food is a magnet. I've been fighting them outside with the food out there, but this week they invited themselves in. Ugh, I'm still itchy.
5. I have, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed the experience. It probably would have been better if I hadn't known what they were ahead of time. Sadly, it occurred without financial compensation.