1. Do you have any special rituals to welcome the approaching season, such as cleaning or decorating?
2. Do you welcome the approaching season or despise?
3. What has been the high point from the preceding season?
4. What has been the low point from the preceding season?
5. What are you looking forward to in Autumn/Spring?
1. We will probably start hauling stuff out of storage in the following days to decorate for Autumn and, of course, Halloween. We will do a cleaning just before putting everything up, except I'm always tempted to leave the cobwebs for atmosphere...
2. Love, love, love it. I adore Autumn and the cooler temperatures, welcoming back turtlenecks and sweaters, hot chocolate and nights by the fire. I love Halloween and the smell of the air. My only complaint is that it's never long enough to suit me.
3. High point was not having to go to the cabin. I really didn't want to go this year, mostly because I was being so challenged with my leg. We had a good time in the Foothills and I'd love to do it again next year.
4. Low point was not going to the cabin. It put TBG into a spin and he really wasn't happy. They have since repaired the damage the 'critters' made to the cabin and re-opened it, but I feel like they need to plow some serious money into the cabin for more structural repairs. It's starting to look shabby.
5. I'm ready to welcome back the cooling breezes at night, fires, falling leaves, and, of course, my favorite holiday.