1. Do you like to barbecue or grill or does that duty fall to someone else?
2. What is your favorite thing to throw on the grill?
3. Do you have a new/newer grill or an old standby?
4. Have you ever owned a hibachi?
5. Any good barbecue stories?
1. I'm okay with grilling, but it really falls to TBG. He loves to barbecue and he will do it at least once a week now that the weather has warmed up.
2. He does a mean Big Island tri tip! :DD
3. We were given an old barbecue when our next door neighbor left and we had that years. When it finally gave up the ghost, we got one that is full size, but folds down and fits in our trunk. We often take it to Barb's and grill there - she loves grilled food, but not actual grilling. We are hoping that we can have our first barbecue there on Memorial Day.
4. Oh, heck yes, it was a little thing, but I loved it and it was big enough for us at that point. It was the perfect size for our tiny little balcony of our first place. We had that until Ron gave us his grill back in '98.
5. Funny story... Mom and Dad (TBG's parents) were visiting us in our first apartment here in Stockton. As a treat, I'd sprung and gotten some filet mignons for dinner. The hibachi was on the floor of the porch and Mom was concerned about our cat, Jennifer. I assured her that he'd never bothered it in the past and that it was fine. And it was until he claimed one on the steaks as his own, plucked it off the hibachi and started dragging it through the living room. I was immediately on him and rescued the steak and took it to the kitchen, while TBG stood guard over the others. I cleaned it up, trimmed off the bit he'd had (and gave it to him) and finished it in the kitchen, so Mom wouldn't have to worry that it would contaminate the others (she was funny that way). Just the proud look on Jenn's face as he dragged his prize away was a hoot. He never touched it again. No idea why he chose that moment to exercise his naughtiness and I though Mom was going to toss her cookies when he did. Aw, good times