A pack of boneless chicken thighs
½ yellow onion – julienned
½ green bell pepper – julienned
½ red bell pepper – julienned
½ zucchini – julienned
3 cups of marinara (homemade or store bought)
8-12 slices of mozzarella cheese.
Wide noodle pasta of your choice
Julienne - or allumette, or French cut, is a culinary knife cut in which the food item is cut into long thin strips, similar to matchsticks.
• Slice the onion and zucchini in half. Place the flat side down on the cutting board and then slice across the onion/zucchini into 1/8 inch slices.
• Set the bell pepper on the cutting board so that its base is on the board and then slice a “face” off of the bell pepper. Then slice the face into 1/8 inch slices.
1. Brown boneless chicken thighs in skillet. After browned remove to a plate and cover.
2. Using same skillet sauté julienned onion, green & red bell peppers and zucchini until soft.
3. Return chicken to skillet with sautéed vegetables and cover completely with marinara and slices of mozzarella cheese.
4. Place the skillet into a 400 degree oven until the cheese melts.
Warning: Be sure to handle the skillet with care as it is hot when you remove it from the oven.
Place a serving of the noodles on a plate and cover with the chicken and sauce.