In honor of the Green Party of the United States Presidential Nominating Convention, which is being held this weekend and will be livestreamed (https://www.gp.org/live) for those who want to watch.
1. Where is the most beautiful nature in your area?
2. Does your household grow some of its own food?
3. Do you recycle or repurpose a lot, a little, or somewhere in between?
4. What do you think the most endangered part of the Earth is?
5. What is the single best way for an individual to help the environment?
1. I think that would have to either be the Delta with all the wildlife or the Foothills with their golden hills and dark green oaks and all the vineyards. When they turn in the fall, the vines set the hills on fire.
2. We try. I have beans, tomatoes and various herbs going now. My squash died. I'm the only person in the world who can't grown zucchini... However, we live in the middle of the Central Valley surrounded by farms, so we have ample opportunity to buy our fruits and vegetables locally.
3. We do recycle our plastic religiously.
4. Probably the oceans from plastic and other floating crap. After that, it would be the Amazon basin, which is being burned/harvested at an alarming rate.
5. That's easy. Throw your garbage in a garbage pail. The world isn't your trash can. Now, it's disposable masks everywhere. I go out with grabber stick and clean up our front garden every morning. People just drop stuff and and they don't care. Poor Woody would be heartbroken.