spikesgirl58 (spikesgirl58) wrote,

Just wondering

What is the most dangerous thing in your home?

Have you ever had to call poison control?

Do you own a fire extinguisher and know how to use it?
Tags: just wondering

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
← Ctrl ← Alt
Ctrl → Alt →
What is the most dangerous thing in your home?
The chainsaw?

Have you ever had to call poison control? No. When the dogs have had possible poisoning I've always called the vet. But that has only happened twice.

Do you own a fire extinguisher and know how to use it? Yes!
That would do it! Do you use it to keep Manolo in line? :DD

It's a shame that it has happened at all. *hugs*
What is the most dangerous thing in your home?
Me? LOL.
I don't have any weapons other than kitchen knives and a handful of tools - but my power tools are limited to my cordless drill :D

Have you ever had to call poison control?
I have not

Do you own a fire extinguisher and know how to use it?
I bought a fire extinguisher when I moved into this house - which reminds me, I think they have a limited lifespan of about 10 years - so I probably need to dust if off and see if it needs replacing this fall!
I have never used it - I know the theory of how to use it though!
I've got an array of power tools and I know how to use them. :D Same here. I'm the danger in this house.

You can always take it to any fire station and ask them to check it for you.
1) Nonpoisonous: a replica of a Bowie knife and three cats. Poisonous: several medications for diabetes as well as for blood pressure and cholesterol plus ceramics glazes

2) A long time ago when my family lived in Pittsburgh because some neighbor kids gave one of their siblings poisonous berries to eat (which they did)

3) There are several in my apartment complex, and the fire department comes in annually to teach us how to use them during Safety Week
It's good you know how to use them. It doesn't help to have access and then not understand how to use it.


5 months ago


August 1 2020, 00:18:07 UTC 5 months ago Edited:  August 1 2020, 00:33:03 UTC

Knife? Electrical outlet? No, it is Me fur sure. I'm a klutz

Nope. Knockwood

I do! But it may have expired
You can take it to a fire station and they will check it for you.
besides me
the Cats United!

poison control
vaguely remembered calling because i needed to know if something we would be using was considered poison
biggest calls by vets - when cat ate tulip petals
maybe i called then too - it was years ago

fire extinguisher - yes - old - could i? probably
If it's too old, it might have lost its charge. your local fire department could check it for you.

Tulips? Are tulips petals poisonous to cats? I thought it was just the bulbs.
What is the most dangerous thing in your home? Depends how you define it. I own a gun. But the thing most likely to cause me injury is probably my own clumsiness in tripping over a rug or slipping in the shower or something.

Have you ever had to call poison control?

Do you own a fire extinguisher and know how to use it?
Yes. Um. I mean, I have one. Where the heck is it, now I think about it ... in the kitchen somewhere.
You might want to find it and have it checked out? They have to be recharged every now and again.


5 months ago


5 months ago

1. Definitely me and/or the husband. Because neither the chainsaws or any poisonous chemicals can do any harm on their own.

2. I know I have once, but it was so long ago I can't remember anything except that I was just checking something rather than in a panic.

3. No and no ... I should probably do something about that.
Exactly my thoughts when it comes to dangerous tools.

Yes, please check your extinguisher!
1. My dirty, neglected kitchen? (LOL) Maybe my crowbar that's with my emergency kit of supplies.

2. Nope. I think my parents did when I was really young.

3. I have two and I hope to stay calm enough to follow the instructions if a fire happens!
It's always hard to know how people will react in a panic situation, but it helps if you don't have to go searching for an extinguisher if you need it.


5 months ago


5 months ago

Dangerous ... knives.

Poison control ... NO

Fire extinguisher ... No (But I really should buy one.)
As to using, use the acronym PASS ... pull the pin, aim at the base of the fire, squeeze the lever, sweep the spray.
Yes, they sell small ones for the kitchen. We have one.
Perhaps some viruses, maybe even a SARS-CoV-2
I am sure, there are a few of them floating around, they don’t knock on the door, when they come.
Not as rule, no.
Ah well my husband has a sword that's not real but heavy enough to do some damage if anyone can lift it LOL

Oh the dog, yes. He's been into chocolate, and chicken bones. (he was fine both times, they just advised me to wait it out with the chicken bones and give him lots of bread to pad it, and they said he didn't have nearly enough chocolate to bother him).

We have one, I'm pretty sure I could use it but I've never had to.

I'm glad your dog did okay. I remember when Barb's dog ate an entire bag of garlic. Sigh, what a night THAT was.
Not really sure how to answer that question. It could be so many different things on a given day. :o
The furnace, the stove, me lol..........

Almost thought about it the other day. I did call the ER and got connected to the RN help line.
And then ended up not needing them. Dad thought he accidentally swallowed a capsule and it actually got knocked off the counter. :o

Own one, but it's been there for many decades and good question if it's any good any more. :o
Hugs, Jon
I'd go with you, since the other stuff has to be manipulated by you...

Thank goodness he was okay.

You need to get it checked, recharged and learn how to use it. The life you save might be yours.


5 months ago


5 months ago

most dangerous thing: my temper :)
no, thankfully i have not
I do not own one but know how to use it thanks to the 4789748987423 drills at work
that would be me on days when I forget to take my hormone replacements.

You should get one. the smalls ones don't cost much and they are good to have, especially in the kitchen.
What is the most dangerous thing in your home? My oven or cooktop. 1970. Need I say more?

Have you ever had to call poison control? No

Do you own a fire extinguisher and know how to use it? Yes & No. Considering my response to #1, I guess I'd better get to learning how to use it.
I think that would be very wise, yes.
Hello! Your entry got to top-25 of the most popular entries in LiveJournal!
Learn more about LiveJournal Ratings in FAQ.
← Ctrl ← Alt
Ctrl → Alt →