These questions were written by ahunter3.
1. Have you ever been in a hurricane or typhoon? Which one, when and where?
2. Have you ever been near an erupting volcano? Which one, when and where?
3. Are there tornadoes where you live? Has a tornado come near you?
4. Have you experienced severe flooding? When and where?
5. What is the most extreme weather you have ever experienced?
1. Yes, we were part of Hurricane Charley in Florida August 2004. The eye passed over our hotel. It was very exciting. Thankfully, our friends, whom we were visiting, suffered no damage.
2. Heh, this is a trick question, yes? I've been to Hawaii many times and have stood upon day old lava. Yes, I have seen erupting volcanoes (Kilauea and Pu'u O'o). I have seen lava running into the sea and watched Pele dance in the night.
3. No tornados here in the Central Valley. I hope it stays that way.
4. We had some flooding back in '94 or '95. That's the last time we've had really high water here. We've never had flood water in the house, though.
5. Have to say, it was probably the hurricane. We don't have much in the way of Big Weather here. Heck we average about one thunderstorm every three or four years.