The summer is pretty much half over, at least to my way of thinking. 1. What sign marks the end of the summer for you? 2. What plans, if any, do you have for the rest of the summer? 3. How would you describe your summer/winter so far – too hot, too cold, too wet, too buggy or what? 4. Summer often means open windows and the sharing of conversations, music, games and so forth with everyone. What sort of neighbor are you? Loud or considerate? 5. Aside from spouses and pets, have you had any trouble with pests recently? 1. I still mark it with Labor Day (first Monday of September) with bitter sweet resignation. It was start getting cooler and darker earlier. The next day we would held back to school and the drudgery of homework, tight shoes, and paying attention. Now so many of our kids start school in August (in the US), I wonder how they view the holiday. 2. I would like to take another long weekend somewhere, possibly to the coast or the city. Haven't really made up our minds though. 3. Honestly, not too bad. It hasn't been really miserable yet, save for a few days and while we haven't gotten any rain, we rarely do here in the summer. 4. I am constantly telling TBG to lower the volume on TV or not to talk too loud on the phone. I double that in the summer. I try to be considerate of others and keep outside cat dishes picked up so there aren't a lot of flies or other... things. 5. Oh, yeah, it wouldn't be summer with an invasion of ants. We've had one massive one, which is two less than normal by this time. I'm guessing all the construction might have had somethig to do with it. What about you?