Today was shopping day, as are most Saturdays. There wasn't much different about it as we headed out. We had breakfast and did our shopping and I was getting ready to leave the parking lot when we saw a man literally attacking another man, punching and kicking him. The victim was wailing and I recognized him as a man who passed by us when we were leaving Safeway. He was wearing a tee shirt, loose pants and socks - that was it. I pulled up behind the person's vehicle and he suddenly realizes we are there. TBG has the phone out and is calling 911 while the attacker screams, "He broke into my car!" Then it was "He broke into my car and stole all my money." Then it was, "He broke into my car and stole all my money and credit cards." Every time he shouted, he escalated the crime against him. Finally, he added, "And he bought Starbucks with my credit cards!" In the meantime, the man on the ground isn't moving. The man's car is trapped by our car and soon many other customer, plus Safeway officials and their security were there as well. Eventually, we were told by the police that we could leave, so we did. Okay, it's possible this guy broke into the man's vehicle, but there were no busted-out windows and why was he leaving a bunch of money and credit card exposed to being with? Even so, there was no reason to beat this man the way he did. I was truly embarrassed to be the same species, but I was happy that so many people came to the aid of the victim. Guilty or not, he didn't deserve the beating he got. Is this what we've become - willing to kill for a cup of coffee?