So far, this has been just what the doctor ordered. Everything about the trip has worked like clockwork. It was an easy drive down and the car ran great – knock wood. I drove the stretch from Stockton to South San Francisco to Seafood City (we left a few minutes after 9:30 and got there just before 11. Sea Food City is an Asian supermarket and we had a blast going up and down the aisles. I found some McCormick pineapple flavoring and then mango. That will mean good eats! TBG found all sorts of cookies and candy. Things kept magically appearing in my shopping cart. Their seafood look fabulous and the fish looked (and smelled) very fresh. After that, we stopped at their eatery – Grill City – at Crispy Fried (their special was half of a pig’s head, deep fried and, no, I didn’t take any photos of it) and had some fabulous lumpia, then the moment TBG was waiting for (and the reason we went there) – we stopped at the Magnolia Ice Cream outlet that was also part of the store. We got to try cheddar cheese, ube (purple yam), and coconut-vanilla ice creams. They were okay, but no great shakes and I’m glad we didn’t buy a large container of any of them. I like the buko salad (coconut ice cream with bits of colored coconut inside) better. Then we headed over to the hotel – the Fairmont. It’s very elegant and fancy, everything we aren’t, but the room is comfortable and it was an easy ride down to the Tonga Room restaurant It’s on the lower level). TBG found the roof garden and did some reading there while I quilted. We watched Aquaman – I was unimpressed by the story or the special effects. Not my favorite hero by a long shot. Then it was time to get ready and head for dinner. The Tonga Room was a delight. It was small and very well appointed. I would have dropped the live music (very loud and not really venue appropriate), but thankfully it didn’t play very long and it was towards at the end of the evening. Our waiter was very attentive, greeting us by name and making sure we didn’t want for anything. We started with drinks and a pupu platter (spicy edamame, poke salad, chips, homemade Spam, spicy chicken wings, and egg rolls). I had a lovely seafood curry, TBG had sweet onion beef stir fry. The Boy had a spicy chicken stir fry and J had miso salmon. They brought us a baked Alaska to celebrate our anniversary and The Boy Mango bread pudding to celebrate his award. Then our waiter brought us chocolate tarts (I like the caramelized banana) as well. After that, the four of us went back to the room and visited until nearly ten. Sadly, there was a very noisy wedding reception going on and the pounding of the bass was inescapable. It made getting to sleep hard. It finally knocked off around midnight. I still didn’t sleep well, but that’s okay. One thing we discovered was that The Boy has a full day with the consignment and staging people. They want to get the house on the market by the end of the month and it’s falling to him to do the packing and whatnot. He didn’t want us to see their house as it’s a mess, so we are meeting up later in the day. We have the morning to ourselves. No telling what trouble awaits us. I can’t wait!