When you reach September
When the Autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
The September Song – Frank Sinatra
1. Are you looking forward to Autumn (or Spring, if you are in the other hemisphere)?
2. What is one thing that marks this season for you more than anything else?
3. If the months are indicative of your age, with January being your birth and December being the end of the line), what month are you in?
4. Do you welcome the cooler/warmer days or mourn their loss?
5. What is absolutely one thing you have to do in the Autumn/Spring?
1. I look forward to the fall like a dog does his next meal – ravenously! I love the cooler weather, the return of sweaters, Halloween (!!!) and longer nights.
2. The changing/falling of the leaves. Back in Vermont, that could start in August and by the end of September the hills would be ablaze with color. I do miss that. We have some trees that change, but most of them don’t even bother to lose their leaves anymore.
3. Solidly in September
4. I do welcome to cooler days and nights. I love being able to sleep with the window open and having them open during the day as well. That cool crisp edge to the wind always makes me smile. The smell of a fireplace going or watching the flames dance makes me happy.
5. Walk/shuffle through the leaves. I love the crackling, rustling song they make and their smell. It’s not Autumn until I can find a leaf pile.