So last night we went up to Sacramento to meet up with the Evans. We had a great meal at Frank Fat’s. It is the first restaurant I’ve been to that has had its entire menu still available (at shiny new prices, of course) and the take out was flying out the door (they never did take out before this). We had some yu kuwks (a deep fried ground pork dumpling) to start, then followed with honey walnut prawns, orange chicken, Hong Kong chow mein and garlic chili green beans (bad choice, I had to breathe my own stinky breath all night). It was really wonderful and the restaurant, while full, was quiet and we were able to sit and talk. Then, lucky them, they got to go home and we went to see Hamilton in the newly remodeled Fine Arts Center. The check-in process was fast, but also very thorough. We had to show our vaccination cards, ID, and tickets not once, but twice before they let us in and they had security on hand, in case, and we had to wear our masks during the entire time. Okay, kudos to them – many more bathrooms, but still issues, like running out of paper towels and have many stalls out of order (in a new place??). We went up to the members lounge, only because there is nowhere to sit downstairs. They wouldn’t take cash and didn’t have a lot of options. You couldn’t take anything inside, except water, which I expected, although they said it was because of CV (what a handy excuse and one we heard again and again last night). The new theatre itself has been designed with short rows, but the seats were squashed together and there was only about a half inch from the back of the seats to TBG’s knees. The armrests were nonexistent and the seats, while comfortable, were very narrow. The tech was very good – costumes, set, sound, all first class. It was a great company and their diction was exceptional. Between that and the reader board, I had no trouble following along, but ye gods, the rap. So, so annoying. The songs were good, I liked King George and the guys playing Hamilton and Burr were very accomplished, but ye gods, the rap. The choreography was okay, although the movements were confusing in parts and I am so over turntables, and did I mention the rap? I really dislike rap. Ugh… at least the second act was better than the first, but I won’t be one of those flocking to see it again. In this case, I just don’t get it, but I will say, guys would be better served if they could just keep it in their pants.