Almost time!
I remember when the week before vacation, no matter what vacation, always used to drag. There were long days ahead tinged with the anticipation of what was nearly here.
Not so much the case these days. Thanks to Jim’s request for props, we have had a very busy week, going from the theatre to the warehouse, back to the theatre and into the prop room and the storage shed in behind the scene shop. Because of that, we have pulled all the props we need for the show. Two are still in bound (a baseball mitt and a shield) and will be here tomorrow. TBG made it his quest to find a period flash camera and our friends at Ulmer’s camera came through for us. They even provided the flash bulbs (which we are wisely hanging onto for the run of the show). All for program credit, so I’m pleased with that.
We are going out tonight with Jeff and Barb and then Jeff invited us over for dinner tomorrow night so I don’t have to cook. Yay! The refrigerator is starting to look a little bleak, though.
My packing is done and I’m doing the last run of laundry right now. Just some vacuuming and a bit of cleaning up and we are good to go, well, at least on my end. We are going to self-test today, just to be on the safe side and will go in for our official test tomorrow. At least the mask mandates are still down for the plane. I’ve got a haircut and then, I’m done and dusted.
Fred is packed and ready, I’m ready… eventually TBG will be ready (he loves packing at the last minute and then whine about forgetting something. It's tradition!
Here’s hoping that you all have a great Friday!
Not so much the case these days. Thanks to Jim’s request for props, we have had a very busy week, going from the theatre to the warehouse, back to the theatre and into the prop room and the storage shed in behind the scene shop. Because of that, we have pulled all the props we need for the show. Two are still in bound (a baseball mitt and a shield) and will be here tomorrow. TBG made it his quest to find a period flash camera and our friends at Ulmer’s camera came through for us. They even provided the flash bulbs (which we are wisely hanging onto for the run of the show). All for program credit, so I’m pleased with that.
We are going out tonight with Jeff and Barb and then Jeff invited us over for dinner tomorrow night so I don’t have to cook. Yay! The refrigerator is starting to look a little bleak, though.
My packing is done and I’m doing the last run of laundry right now. Just some vacuuming and a bit of cleaning up and we are good to go, well, at least on my end. We are going to self-test today, just to be on the safe side and will go in for our official test tomorrow. At least the mask mandates are still down for the plane. I’ve got a haircut and then, I’m done and dusted.
Fred is packed and ready, I’m ready… eventually TBG will be ready (he loves packing at the last minute and then whine about forgetting something. It's tradition!
Here’s hoping that you all have a great Friday!