Had a very early morning, just like back home. I spent the time getting caught up on things on the computer, which is really an oxymoron. I’m never caught up. Breakfast was down at the buffet, as usual. It’s included in the price of the room, so it makes sense and the buffet is large enough to offer a real selection of breakfast items. After that we went back to the room to plan the day. We decided we’d go into Papeete and do a bit of shopping. TBG wanted some new Te Mana shirts (a brand he likes and he wanted to check for a liquor. Knowing there would be no peace until we did, I said sure, even though my leg wasn’t all that happy. However, first, I insisted on a bit of a nap since I’d had an early start. That made all the difference. I woke and my leg felt great, so much so that we walked about two miles all in all this morning. We first went to Vines of Tahiti and as we feared, they did not carry the liquor he wanted. The last time we found it, it was on Huahine. It’s really hard to find outside of France. Then we stopped at a clothing store that carried the Te Mana brand and he picked out two nice shirts. Around the corner was Happy Tahiti and I picked up a dress there. It’s light and airy, perfect for this summer. After that, we headed to Le Marche, an open sir market. Boy, oh, boy, talk about a sad representation of former days. The place used to be packed with vendors and locals, but not anymore. It felt as if we were the only ones there and all I bought was a coffee mug (the ones in the room are so small). We headed back to the parking lot and our car, but I needed to sit down for a few minutes. The little boulangerie that we picked had fabulous quiche and croissants. :DD TBG decided that we should just go to Carrefour and pick up something light for lunch since we were going to the Blue Banana for dinner. We got in and out with no issue, then I miss the roundabout and words were said. He tried to down play it but I got annoyed with myself. We got back to the room and started to put away stuff. I decided a nice cool washcloth would feel good and while doing so, I dropped and bent my glasses. Not cool. I tried to fix them, but couldn’t. Then TBG tried to help, but succeeded in popping out the lens. No worries, I have a spare pair and a repair kit in my suitcase… except I brought the wrong case… Thankfully, he had a small set of screwdrivers in his shaving kit, so we managed to put things to right, but it really left me feeling sour and annoyed with myself, something that took me a long time to shake. We ate our sushi, which was okay for store sushi and then took a bit of a siesta, mostly I quilt and TBG slept. When he got up, we headed down to the pool. There was a retired French air force general and he was very patient with my poor pronunciation. We visited on and off for about an hour in between laps. Still managed to get in about six laps, which was pretty good for me. After a shower and a bit of waffling, we headed over to the Blue Banana for dinner. What an experience that was! The place is popular with the locals, so we were lucky to get a table. I think because we dined so early. Anyhow, the menu is quite varied and really interesting. Where else can you get a pizza with escargot on it as a topping? We started with a vegetable antipasto tray… which had meat on it, oddly enough. It looked more like a Salad Caprese. The mozzarella was made locally and was very sweet. Dinner came with a variety of sides, including a salad, about seven different kinds of starches and sauces. TBG had their most popular dish – it was like shepherd’s pie, but made with tuna instead of meat. Sounded odd, but it was really good. I had shrimp flambé and it was fabulous. The shrimp cam intact, but the heads had been loosened, so it made cleaning them easy. And we shouldn’t have, but we had dessert – TBG had a papaya tart and I had profiteroles. I ate around the chocolate and the little bit I had didn’t bother me. Talk about sweet dreams!