Our last full day and night in Tahiti. It doesn’t seem possible the time has gone this fast. We must have been having fun! :DD It was a sunny day for us, but Moorea stayed in the clouds all day. I’m glad we went over there when we did. It seems like the weather has been iffy there ever since. Sunny, but very still. The trades have stopped and that makes it sultry, even more so than usual. We spent the morning trying to get paperwork together for our Covid test tomorrow and for the flight. When someone is flying round trip, you’d think they’d hold onto stuff, but they never do. TBG started to pack up some of the liquid souvenirs (juice, he’s bringing home juice. Yes, I know!) We decided to have dinner at Le Meherio (the Mermaid), but we couldn’t find the silly thing! Drove all over the marina and never did find it. We ended up called Chez Remy instead. It’s closer to the hotel, not in downtown Papeete and we think it’s a restaurant we visit many years ago, back on our first trip here. We will have to see. I remember the food as stellar We went into town so that TBG could look some more for his elusive yellow capped Grand Mariner, but to no success. We consoled ourselves at Patachou Bistro. I had a lovely crepe and he had eggs Benedict. Both were very yummy. After that, I stopped to buy some vanilla – boy, has the cost of that gone up. We decided that was the end of the souvenir buying and headed back to the hotel. We spend much of the afternoon relaxing, reading, and watching the world go by. At least until it was time to swim. Fingers crossed that it’s not our last one. We are hoping for a late check out tomorrow. If that’s the case, we might ba able to squeeze one more in before we have to head for the airport. And news from the front desk was positive. We have our room until 5 p.m. and we don’t have to be to the airport until 6. Yeah! We went down to the Tiki Bar for a drink and I plied TBG with olives. He had a Aperol Spritz and I had a Bloody Mary. They came with dehydrated lemon slices. Very crunchy and pasta straws. After we finished with that, we got in the car and drove out to find Chez Remy. It turned out to be the magical restaurant we discovered back in 2004 on our first visit here. It was such a delight and we had a nice chat with the owner. The menu wasn’t big (but neither is the restaurant), but it was wonderful. We managed to get a real green salad and then I had the grilled fish special (grouper) and TBG had filet mignon. For dessert, he had crème brûlée and I had Colonel (lemon sorbet with vodka). Got back to the room to discover a private party was happening at the restaurant and they were having a… wait for it… Tahitian revue. More drums, but we were so tried, we didn’t care. :D It was lights out for our last night in Tahiti.