And here it is Monday again
And the last week of June. It feels like we were just getting back from vacation and yet over a month has passed, almost quite literally another whole month. Did anyone see what happened to June?
We went to see Gypsy yesterday with our friends from Sacramento. They had just come back from Maccha Picchu and the Galapagos Islands, so I was excited to talk with them about it. They had a great time and Ken said that the snorkeling was fabulous. Didn't get to see any photos, though. Ken wasn't ready to share yet. of course, he's still working on the Egypt shots from last year.
Anyhow, the show was good - the acting and singing was very strong. You could understand every single word said or sung. That's what I love about Jim, he insists upon diction, even with kids. I couldn't get over how mellow the dog was. My hat is off to his owners. The set was... pretty much nothing. I mean all that work and there was really not much of anything to show for it. So many pieces were struck and replaced with projections. Thankfully, it was easy to ignore and didn't pull from the acting. The props worked (whew) and the audience seemed to like it.
Today was supposed to be a Day of Rest, since yesterday morning was spent cleaning (we hadn't done that since coming home from the trip) and then at the theatre (the show was three hours long) and then dinner. Instead, Jeff called and invited us to come swimming tonight. So, this morning, before it was even eight a.m., we made gazpacho (it's better if it sits for a while) and focaccia. Now the soup is in the refrigerator doing its thing, the dough is on the stove, resting and doing its thing and I'm ready for a nap. :P
Have a lovely week all - hope that work doesn't suck, that life isn't annoying and that everything's coming up roses...
We went to see Gypsy yesterday with our friends from Sacramento. They had just come back from Maccha Picchu and the Galapagos Islands, so I was excited to talk with them about it. They had a great time and Ken said that the snorkeling was fabulous. Didn't get to see any photos, though. Ken wasn't ready to share yet. of course, he's still working on the Egypt shots from last year.
Anyhow, the show was good - the acting and singing was very strong. You could understand every single word said or sung. That's what I love about Jim, he insists upon diction, even with kids. I couldn't get over how mellow the dog was. My hat is off to his owners. The set was... pretty much nothing. I mean all that work and there was really not much of anything to show for it. So many pieces were struck and replaced with projections. Thankfully, it was easy to ignore and didn't pull from the acting. The props worked (whew) and the audience seemed to like it.
Today was supposed to be a Day of Rest, since yesterday morning was spent cleaning (we hadn't done that since coming home from the trip) and then at the theatre (the show was three hours long) and then dinner. Instead, Jeff called and invited us to come swimming tonight. So, this morning, before it was even eight a.m., we made gazpacho (it's better if it sits for a while) and focaccia. Now the soup is in the refrigerator doing its thing, the dough is on the stove, resting and doing its thing and I'm ready for a nap. :P
Have a lovely week all - hope that work doesn't suck, that life isn't annoying and that everything's coming up roses...