Down on the ole homestead...
It’s been a while since I’ve done an update and I figure this might be a good time, since our weather is so crazy
San Joaquin is the only county that has been declared a disaster area in our part of the state, although we did have the oddest storm yesterday. There was a rumble of thunder that went on for minutes, not second. I’m talking like fifteen minutes. It was crazy. I’d never heard anything like it – then the rain started. There was no hint of wind, totally still, so the rain came straight down, then it changed to hail, ½ diameter, then back to rain and within ten minutes, the sun was out and the sky was blue. Later they issued tornado warnings for parts of the foothills (down by Modesto). It was crazy. Three of the cats stayed on the bed with us (we were reading at the time) and Patachou stayed in the stairwell - the only one with sense, I suppose.
Today it currently raining, but they say we could have more wild weather this afternoon. In fact, they are saying we might even see funnel clouds. WTF – this is California, not Kansas! And yet another storm is perched just off our shores and ready to hit on Monday.
Our friend down in Orlando sent us an email and invited us to the soft opening of The Sphere. He was responsible for designing the ‘special effects’ for each seat, all 17, 500 of them. I guess the opening show is supposed to be U2. Not really sure at this point. Anyhow, it’s at the end of September – quite the birthday gift for TBG.
The cats are doing okay, yet still very subdued. Fights are down to nothing and there seems to be very little inappropriate wetting happening anymore. I’m still keeping a close eye on them as they’ve all seemed to have lost some weight. I’ve gotten some special food, which they love, but oh, so expensive. We’ll see what happens.
This week we have the Navy US Band on Thursday and then Hairspray on Friday. Both of them should be fun. I’m not excited about the new Broadway season, but what else is new. At least there’s some new stuff – Hadestown, Six, Ain’t Too Proud and Jagged Little Pill), but some real clunkers, include Annie. I really, really dislike that show. Last weekend we saw Love Life and What I Wore – it was pretty good, but it really drove home the point to me that I’m not a fashionista.
Lots of doctor appointments as I decided to get everything taken care of this month, so GP, surgeon, dentist, eye doc, and all the tests. Just have the dentist and an ultrasound left. Yay.
And that’s me done. Now you know why I don’t post more. Nothing much is really shaking here. The days seem to happily tumble by and I’m not hatin’ that.
San Joaquin is the only county that has been declared a disaster area in our part of the state, although we did have the oddest storm yesterday. There was a rumble of thunder that went on for minutes, not second. I’m talking like fifteen minutes. It was crazy. I’d never heard anything like it – then the rain started. There was no hint of wind, totally still, so the rain came straight down, then it changed to hail, ½ diameter, then back to rain and within ten minutes, the sun was out and the sky was blue. Later they issued tornado warnings for parts of the foothills (down by Modesto). It was crazy. Three of the cats stayed on the bed with us (we were reading at the time) and Patachou stayed in the stairwell - the only one with sense, I suppose.
Today it currently raining, but they say we could have more wild weather this afternoon. In fact, they are saying we might even see funnel clouds. WTF – this is California, not Kansas! And yet another storm is perched just off our shores and ready to hit on Monday.
Our friend down in Orlando sent us an email and invited us to the soft opening of The Sphere. He was responsible for designing the ‘special effects’ for each seat, all 17, 500 of them. I guess the opening show is supposed to be U2. Not really sure at this point. Anyhow, it’s at the end of September – quite the birthday gift for TBG.
The cats are doing okay, yet still very subdued. Fights are down to nothing and there seems to be very little inappropriate wetting happening anymore. I’m still keeping a close eye on them as they’ve all seemed to have lost some weight. I’ve gotten some special food, which they love, but oh, so expensive. We’ll see what happens.
This week we have the Navy US Band on Thursday and then Hairspray on Friday. Both of them should be fun. I’m not excited about the new Broadway season, but what else is new. At least there’s some new stuff – Hadestown, Six, Ain’t Too Proud and Jagged Little Pill), but some real clunkers, include Annie. I really, really dislike that show. Last weekend we saw Love Life and What I Wore – it was pretty good, but it really drove home the point to me that I’m not a fashionista.
Lots of doctor appointments as I decided to get everything taken care of this month, so GP, surgeon, dentist, eye doc, and all the tests. Just have the dentist and an ultrasound left. Yay.
And that’s me done. Now you know why I don’t post more. Nothing much is really shaking here. The days seem to happily tumble by and I’m not hatin’ that.